RTM is a system where a closed mould is used and the finished product has a smooth surface on both sides.
The RTM process once the mould is fully prepared is as follows:
1. Gelcoat the mould, depending on the product no gelcoat maybe required.
2. Load fibreglass cloth and core (if required) into the mould and close the mould.
3. Then inject a pre-determined amount of catalyzed resin into the mould.
4. Depending on the type and size of the mould the part can be de-moulded in 60 to 120 minutes and the process can be repeated.
The Advantages of RTM
• Faster production
• Higher, consistent quality of products
• Consistent thickness
• Very little waste